Translate

Monday, April 29, 2013

African Saint

  A small testimony from "Where Do We Go From Here?" by, Erwin W. Lutzer.

  He was a member of a very small family of one. His parents both died of sickness at a young age.  He had no aunts, no uncles, no brothers, no sisters that he could rely on.  The only thing he had was a dusty mud hut and the hand out of his neighbors.  He hated his lot in life.  He was lonely, poor and had no future and no hope of one.  Each day was nothing more then a copy of the previous dull, hot, hungry day before it.  That was until a young missionary couple got lost on the near by dirt pack road leading to the town 5 kilometers away.  They saw him sitting in the door of his reed and mud hut.

Thinking he might know how to get to the nearest town they came and spoke to him.  To his amazement they spoke his dialect and off shoot of Swahili.  After giving them directions he asked them why were they all the way out here in the middle of the dry plain.  After all there were no white settlements near by.  They told him that they were sent by the creator to gather his children together for his soon return.  This piqued Mubari's curiosity, he was amazed that they knew the creator of the sun, moon and stars.  Mubari asked them what he the creator was like.

The missionary couple told Mubari all about the love of  JESUS CHRIST.   How GOD had sent HIS only begotten SON to save the world.  Having spent his whole life lost and alone, Mubari wanted the couple to ask the creator who exactly are his children.  When the couple told Mubari that he could be one of the Creator's children if he wanted, Mubari wept tears of joy. That day Mubari asked JESUS CHRIST to come into his heart and be his Savior.  

 After a year witnessing to everyone who would listen Mubari a young African Christian was martyred for his faith in JESUS CHRIST.

These words were found in his small reed and mud hut:

'I'm part of the fellowship of the unashamed, the die has been cast, I have stepped over the line, the decision has been made - I'm a disciple of Jesus Christ - I won't look back, let up, slow down, back away or be still.
My past is redeemed, my present makes sense, my future is secure - I'm finished and done with low living, sight walking, smooth knees, colorless dreams, tamed visions, worldly talking, cheap giving and dwarfed goals.
My face is set, my gait is fast, my goal is heaven, my road is narrow, my way is rough, my companions are few, my guide is reliable, my mission is clear. I won't give up, shut up, let up until I have stayed up, stored up, prayed up for the cause of Jesus Christ. I must go till He comes, give till I drop, preach till everyone knows, work till He stops me and when He comes for His own."
 

Glory and praise to you Lord JESUS CHRIST!




Our Father Who art in Heaven Glory and Honor Forever n Ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment